06 January 2008

The adventure begins!



I have never been a blogger, so all of this is very new to me! I didn't plan on starting a blog, but I wanted a way to update friends and family over the next few months, as well as keep a sort of journal for myself. I just moved to Washington D.C. on the 4th of January to do my student teaching in a fourth grade class at an inner-city school until April. There are eight of us teachers from BYU out here, and seven of us live together (the other is married). We live in an amazing penthouse apartment in Arlington, Virginia. It hasn't hit me yet that I actually live here. I'm a little overwhelmed but so excited to get more familiar with the area. Hopefully I will be a pro at navigating the city (especially the metro) by the time anyone comes out to visit!

On Friday, we all had lunch at Union Station and then went to the Library of Congress. It was a really cool place to visit, especially since I had never been there. I wanted to break into the actual library and find the President's Book of Secrets (like on National Treasure) but decided it was probably best if I observed from the glass box above like everyone else.

Saturday we went to Mount Vernon. I hadn't been there in about seven years so it was fun to go back. Mrs. Martha Washington was doing a little meet and greet in one of the outside houses. She guessed from our pants and furs that we all must be trappers in this so-called "Utah".

I promise all of my posts won't be this long, I just had to start somewhere! Oh yeah, and a big thanks to Carrie for helping me get this started and for making the big thing at the top!

No comments: