08 April 2008

Capitol Building

Our friend Joe took us on a tour of the Capitol Building today. He works there so he took us some cool places that the usual tour doesn't go. We tried to get on Nancy Pelosi's porch, but the cop was a greenie and didn't believe in bending the rules quite yet. We got to go Senate Chambers after turning over all food, drinks, electronics, keys, anything with a battery, etc... The cop made me turn my whole bag in after criticizing me for calling it a purse! She was a beast! We ran into a few senators but I honestly haven't got a clue which ones! I love the Capitol Building. It had been years since I had been there and I think it was a great site to see before leaving this week. Jessica and I had to run all the way from school to the Metro, to the other platform, to the building, and all the way around it to get there in time. It was like 2 miles in a dress with a heavy bag! It was worth it though. The first picture is Jodi, Jess, Steph, and I in front of the Brigham Young statue that represents Utah. The next picture is Jess and I in front of Philo T. Farnsworth. He invented the T.V. and he is from Idaho!

2 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

Tracie! What an incredible once in a lifetime experience you have had!! You rounded it up nicely if I do say so myself. :)

Congratulations on making it through college...I am still trying...and still 3 years older than you...bleh!

I am excited to find out where you will be teaching!!Keep us updated on all your going ons!! Love ya!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for saying Hi to Philo for me... I am glad you are coming home and that you had a great time!