01 March 2008

Rain Drops on Roses and Wiskers on Kittens...

As some of you know, I won my sister Carrie's favorite things contest. For those of you who don't know about this, my sister's friend Laura started this trend that is catching on like wildfire. Here are the basics, you blog some of your favorite things on your blog. For a week after your post, people comment on the things that like/want to try from your list. After a week, you put the name of everyone who comments into a hat a draw a name. Then you send that person what they wanted from your list and they have to repeat the whole cycle by posting their favorite things on their blog. Whew!

So here it goes:

1. Shout Color Catchers

These little guys are great if you are worried that the color from one thing in the wash will get on something else. You put in a little dryer-sheet sized thing and it soaks up and traps all the excess dye in the water. They also prevent your clothes from getting dingy as fast because the little tiny bits of color don't stay in the water.

2. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes

Ah, what did I do before these handy things? I love to use these easy-to-dispense wipes for pretty much everything. They are great for quickly wiping down and sanitizing the bathroom or kitchen counter between cleanings. I also like to wipe my phone, doorknobs, keyboard, etc. every once in a while just to kill all the germs.

3. Burt's Bees

This is the best chapstick ever. It is really natural and just works like a charm. Enough said.

4. i-Tunes

I really love i-Tunes. I love looking at the top best-selling songs, celebrity playlists, songs I love sung by other people, the little list they make of things they think you would like based on what you bought, and the free songs that you can download from new artists. If you choose this one and win, I will send you a little gift card as well as a list of songs that are on my own "celebrity playlist" right now.

5. Sharpies

When I moved to D.C. I was very limited to what I could bring. Nevertheless, I brought my Costco-sized million pack of Sharpies in every color and size. There are even retractable ones. I also have a sharpie that is about 2 inches long that I hook in my bag that I take to school so I always have one with me. My absolute favorite is this silver sort of shiny Sharpie. I have a deep love for all kinds of school/office supplies but Sharpies are towards the top of the list.

So that's it for my list. I would put more on here but I don't really know where to get anything in this city. Make a comment and I will draw a name a week from now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey- I love your list...I need to buy some color catchers. I really should use them. More than once I have turned things pink that just shouldn't be pink-- Jason's undershirts, shower curtain liners, lots of socks...

I was laughing because I almost named my post that exact same thing.

And the office supply obsession...is that in our blood?

Love ya.

Natalie said...

I, too, am in LOVE with Clorox wipes. So handy for a quick ring around the toilet seat (let me remind you, I have a 5 year-old boy)! So GREAT! :)

julie Schnoor said...

Ah, office supplies...I love Sharpies. I also really like the color catchers. Good list!

*LaUrA* said...

I love your list! My mom uses those color catchers and I have been meaning to try them! Always have Clorox wipes on hand!!

If I get picked I would love the i-tunes. Josh got me an MP3 player for Christmas but I haven't downloaded any music yet...so the iTunes would be perfect!!!

Oh...and thanks for the credit! this is a fun game!

Casey Marie said...

Just so you know, Laura's nickname is Wildfire. She is very creative when it comes to this blogging stuff. I can't seem to absorb any of it from her though. Too bad. Anyways, I love your list. I have a soft spot for office supplies as well so the sharpies definitely do it for me. I also love the clorox wipes because they are so fast and easy and amazingly do the job. I also have a disease where I love any lip stuff : lip gloss, chapstick, liner, lipstick. So yeah...LOVE your list:)I won my sister in laws and am going to post one on my site as well so maybe you could win two!

Stephanie said...

Pick Me Pick Me! :-) I like your list. It is so random. I never knew about the color guard things... pretty cool. And I share in the fasination with office supplies so I want the pack of sharpies really, really bad! :-) I love you and your list and hope I win!